A belated goodbye to George Carlin, who came out with the line I used as the title of this post, along with a lot of other memorable lines:
- I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect.
- If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted?
- I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
- If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
- Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
- Standing ovations have become far too commonplace. What we need are ovations where the audience members all punch and kick one another.